Thursday, March 19, 2009

I miss houses

I sort of miss living in a house.. This is really the secondish apartment I've ever lived in.. When my parents lived in Graham Village Apartments for the whole 4 months I was living with Krystal and she lived in a house not apartment. Meh. Houses cost a lot more though. I figure once I am an LPN we'll move into a house if T decides not to go to college. I don't know though. Because I don't want to be working fulltime. The only reason I was going to work fulltime was to support T while he goes to school. But if he isn't going to school I'm only going to work like 3 days a week. If I work 2nd shift at a nursing home I should make 20 an hour, and so I'll bring home like 390 a week... Which only 50 bucks short of what T brings home now, so. Let's say T doesn't go to school and he sticks to the job he has now making 13 an hour (which this wont even be the case) I'll bring home 1560 a month (working 3 days a week as a nurse) and he'll bring home 1600 a month which is a total of 3160. We'll be back to making how much we made a month when he was at Charter and I was working at the nursing home (ok maybe thats like 200 short, but whatever). But if we move into a house it'll cost us more.

per month:
House-700
Water- 100 (i believe thats every 3 months)
elec- 120
cable- either would be free or we'd be basic plus a home phone so i'll say 90
cellphones- probably down grade to one 60
insurance prob. on two cars 240
paying back my school loans- 100
someone to mow lawn 2x a month- 80
health insurance 250 (for both of us a month)



our bills to live in a house would be 1750 a month. we'd have 1410 left over. And that's T working this 13 an hour gig and me working 3 days a week as a nurse. 1000 would go to groceries and gas and things we just flat out want cuz we'd be able to afford it. And 400 would go to savings. Probably even more would go to savings (BUT I'm trying to be realistic here and if we have enough money to spend 500 on something nice we want were gonna do it and probably more then we should bc we are young and doing well for ourselves and deserve it plus the first few months we'll be buying like 500 used washer and dryers for me and a lawn mower the next month and blah blah blah).

And we'd probably rent for 5-8 years. And if we did save *only* that 400 extra a month.. well in a year that's.. 4800.. and in 8 that's 38000 (which I'm sure T will invest part of that into something which will freak me out)... which is DEFINITELY enough for us to put down on a nice 2 story 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house in a decent area and only have like a 600 a month mortgage payment. The white house I lived in, in Old ham was so beautiful. It was in an average neighborhood of 1 story 2-3 bedroom houses.. and was actually the 2nd biggest house in the neighborhood (we got lucky). It was 3 bedrooms upstairs with 1 1/2 baths up there then it had a nice big kitchen with enough room for a big kitchen table (not dining room table), had a average sized living room, 1/2 bath, 1 car garage and an unfinished basement. it was also on a hill so it had a deck upstairs and the basement had a deck. It was carpeted with that nice fluffy off white carpet and the kitchen was wood floor.. the walls were really white and the door handles, light fixtures, faucets, bathtub, were all new and shiny. it had granite counters and the side by side door fridge and flat top oven and a microwave built into cabinets above the oven... Yeah.. that was the nicest fucking house we ever lived in. And my mom managed to pull of 2 years of living in that place (until she divorced Izzy and Jeff moved in and his lame ass was making 10 bucks an hour as a meter reader in Indiana... which is why we ended up in apartments) Anyway, the rent at that place was 910 a month.. and i figure.. those people had to at least be making a 100 profit off my mom.. and even if they weren't I would pay a 910 mortgage a month to live in a house that nice. If you add the 210 more a month to the above bills we'd still have 1200 left over after paying all our bills for the month. AND we'd be owning a house. Mind you this is with T only making 13 bucks an hour at insight.



But if we stay in an apartment until we are ready to own a house.. we'd have even MORE money saved up to put down on a house..



I really do think once Nursing school is over T and I are going to do just fine. By the time I'm 28 we'll be married.. probably renting a house or apartment, with 30,000 (see how i went from 38000 to 30000.. i'm being realistic.. shits gonna happen.. i could see in 8 years us blowing 8000 on shit thats happened like cars breaking down, trips to florida, buying a new used car, T investing money into something or another) saved up.. I'll be getting a baby in the oven (i'll probably be like 27 1/2 so 28 when I have it) and we'll be looking for my 3 bedroom 2 story 2 1/2 bath with an unfinished basment that i've always dreamed of. AND we'll be able to afford it all (cuz i'll get short term disability insurance the year i plan to get pregnant so the first 4 or 6 weeks i'll get paid some money while not working, and then i'll put the baby in daycare 2 of the 3 days a week I work... cuz i'll make one of the days a day where T can watch it and so daycare would be like 75 a week, so after paying our bills and that off we'd have 900 a month left over) and things would be tighter, we wouldnt really buy ourselves as much stuff but by then we'd have our own shit.. and we'd save less... but hey this scenerio is all with T working at insight for 13 an hour.. so yeah... all this may not be accurate or even turn out the way i write it but just seeing the fact that we could pull off living a nice middle class life is comforting.

I just don't want to be stuck in apartments any longer. Thats the whole reason or writing this. I'm not just crazy. I hate feeling like I have to tip toe around cuz our floor squeeks and downstairs can hear it. Or when we fuck and I hear the bed hit the wall think "maybe I should move the bed so they can't hear it".. I mean who wants to think about that crap when they are getting slammed by there Master?? I cant make a cute little garden of tomatoes or watermelons outside cuz I have no lawn. I hate hearing the bass on the peoples downstairs music. I hate hearing them yell outside or hear other peoples kids right outside my window crying. I want the space and freedom of my own house and yard. And I'm just day dreaming about how in 10 years I'm finally gonna have it because I make smart decisions and don't fuck off and party like a wild animal like most of the kids I went to school with are doing right now. Most everyone who meets me is amazed I turned out the way I did with the kinda mom I had. I'm not.


this made me all feel better :)

No comments: